Our policy is based on that Promise and therefore the regulators Code.
In summary in undertaking fundraising activities Alexandra Palace it is our policy that;
- All fundraising activities undertaken by APPCT (or those representing us) will be legal, open, honest and respectful.
- The trustees of APPCT (and their delegates) will act in the best interests of the charity when deciding to accept or refuse a particular donation. The principles guiding whether a donation can be accepted or refused are below.
- All funds raised for a particular cause will be used for that cause.
- We will never use coercive tactics or place undue pressure on any individual to make a donation to APPCT.
- We will never make an unreasonable intrusion on a person’s privacy.
- Our approach to fundraising activities will be set out in our Annual Report, and we will declare any complaints or failure to comply with a scheme or standard cited.
- We will set out our complaints procedure on our website and will respond to any complaints in a timely, respectful, open and honest way.
- We will comply with duties of confidentiality and data protection law at all times.
- We will publish our policy and the fundraising promise on our website
The Fundraising Promise
The promise is based on the Code of Fundraising Practice and can be found here.
Acceptance and refusal of donations
It is our policy to;
Assess all donations to the charity.
- The assessment will be based on the following questions;
- Does the donation contribute to our charitable purposes and our stated priorities?
- Does the donation come from a source which will bring the charity into disrepute?
- Does the donation place conditions on the charity? and to what extent they are in the charities best interests.
Undertake due diligence on individuals and organisations that give money to us.
- The level of due diligence will be scalable in accordance with the size of donation but will apply to all donations over £10,000.
- We will not carry out due diligence on donors responding to specific fundraising campaigns and donating as per the suggested donation levels.
The Board of Trustees
- will always act in the best interests of the charity, and avoid any conflict of interest
- will provide written explanations for refusing a donation
- will decide upon all potential donations that have conditions attached
- Will make the final decision if there is differing opinion within the organisation
- will instruct the CEO to apply to the Charity Commission for an order authorising the decision if it is felt the refusal of a donation will cause a dispute or negative publicity.
If you wish to make a complaint about our fundraising activities, please get in touch and we will endeavour to address your concern as quickly as possible. You can get in touch below:
If you do not think that APPCT has dealt with your complaint satisfactorily, you may refer the matter to The Fundraising Regulator.